Frequently Asked Questions
What ingredients make nail polishes toxic?
Most consumers don’t realize that the products applied to their skin or fingernails get absorbed into the body. This makes it extremely important to be knowledgeable about what ingredients are found in the products we use. At Sea Salt & Sugar we set a high standard, pledging to eliminate many of the common offenders of the nail industry.
- Formaldehyde: think dead body preservation……. Not only has it been linked to cancer and other nervous system consequences, it is an allergen and irritant to the respiratory system.
- Formaldehyde resins: a by-product of formaldehyde that causes loss of nerve sensation and is a common allergen.
- Toluene: linked to decreased brain function, respiratory problems, abnormal fetal development, possible blood cancers, and hearing loss……SAY WHAT????
- Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP): an endocrine disruptor that mimics estrogen, impairs fetal development, and can cause organ damage and early onset menopause.
- Camphor: is a skin irritant that can cause organ damage and yellowing of the nails
- Xylene: causes dizziness, headaches, nausea, and vomiting and can depress the nervous system permanently with continued exposure.
- Triphenyl Phosphate (TPhP): leads to changes in hormone regulation, metabolism, and reproductive systems that can lead to infertility, abnormal fetal development, hormonal imbalances, and various types of cancer.
- Ethyl Tosylamide: can lead to antibiotic resistance
- Parabens: an estrogen mimicker that has been linked to breast cancer
Do you place or remove acrylic nails?
Our commitment is to use the safest, least toxic, good-for- you products around. We pride ourselves on treating our clients just like family, as well as keeping our staff safe. Therefore, we will not place or remove acrylics. THIS INCLUDES SNS DIP POWDER NAIL APPLICATIONS.
Can I bring in my own nail polish?
We ask that you use the nail polishes we provide because they have been vetted for safety and efficacy. Our promise to you is that we will never dilute our polishes or add anything that will compromise the longevity of your treatment. If you insist on bringing in your own polish, we will only apply those that are up to par with our safety standards. Some of these include: BUTTER London, 10over10, Aila, Zoya, LVX, and Cote.
How do you clean your instruments and tools?
At Sea Salt & Sugar, we are committed to being Clean and clean! That is why all our tools are sterilized in a steam autoclave. While this is not required by Georgia law, we feel that protecting our consumers from infection and disease is top priority. While we have a huge commitment to being as eco-friendly as possible, we do use disposables as well that you are encouraged to take with you and reuse for maintenance at home.
How do I book an appointment?
We have tried to make your appointments as stress-free as possible, and this starts with booking. Book online or give us a call at 912-201-3203 to schedule. Walk-ins are always welcome as they are available.
How do I book for nail art?
Nail art is exactly that, ART! Our technicians take pride in their creations. With that being said, time does have to be allotted for the creations. We stock several MoYou London stamp art templates that can be turned into one-of- a-kind designs! Come in early to look through our books. We also do custom nail art. If you have a more complicated design, call for help with booking, and email us your inspiration photo prior to your appointment. Standard and stamp nail art can be booked through our online booking prompts.
Cell Phone Etiquette:
Our goal is to create a relaxing, peaceful, pampered experience for you and all of our clients. We ask that you turn off your ringer and take this time to enjoy, sit back, and relax. We understand the demands of life, but refraining from cell phone usage will enhance your experience as well as the clients around you. Allow yourself this time to truly relax and enjoy the rare time to yourself.
Policy on Children:
We are all three moms. Which is why we understand the importance of a kid-free zone! Unless your child is receiving treatments, please refrain from bringing small children into the treatment areas in order to provide a calming, peaceful experience for all of our customers.